Tuesday 8 March 2011

Jan Sitek

TITLE Untitled

OIL PAINTING (image shown inspired the painting)

2010 - 2011

SIZE 126 X 84 CM

SALE PRICE £440

ARTIST STATEMENT I am intrigued by our perception of reality and illusion. I am intrigued by the paradox of reality and illusion intermingling in our lives. What one may see as reality another as illusion; vice-versa. I am intrigued by the concept of ‘observing’. I am intrigued by the process of an eye looking at an image, the eye sending the message to the brain. I am mostly intrigued by the differences in the interpretations, of different eyes (people). I am intrigued by the aesthetic value of objects or images, the fragmentation or abstraction the human brain can create within reality, the illusions within reality, conjured up by the human brain. I am intrigued by the paradox of figuration and abstraction. I am intrigued more by what isn’t there, rather than what is.






No comments:

Post a Comment