Tuesday 8 March 2011

Hannah Gatter

TITLE Untitled 2011 


LINO AND SPRAY PAINT

November December 2010

SIZE 64 x 45 cm

SALE PRICE £275

ARTIST STATEMENT This is one of a series of linocuts of of the friends I made at UCA Rochester, where I did my Foundation Course. They were created from a photoshoot where they struck unusual, fun poses. I tried to capture their individuality by giving them free reign to interact with the camera without direction. I wanted the lino cuttings I produced from the photographs to show more expression than a traditional posed portrait would. I produced prints using the lino cuttings but preferred the lino image itself to the printed image; it was more appealing to me because of the texture and the shapes formed in the lino. I have done a series of six to the present date, and it is a continuing project that I am still developing.




No comments:

Post a Comment